(Capricorn Records 1977 2429150)
Matrix No's: A2/B2 - UK Pressing
Sleeve in Nr MINT condition
Vinyl in Nr MINT condition
Sea Level was an American jazz fusion band from Macon, Georgia that mixed jazz, blues and rock between 1976 and 1981. An offshoot of the Allman Brothers Band, Sea Level took on a life of its own as tensions grew between Gregg Allman and other members resulting in the loss of two of ABBs founding members.
After the Allman Brothers Band broke up when Gregg Allman and Dicky Betts left, the remaining members who evolved into Sea Level were "We Three" comprising bassist Lamar Williams, drummer Jaimoe and piano player Chuck Leavell. The trio would occasionally open shows for the group in 1975 and 1976. The trio added guitarist Jimmy Nalls and took their name from the phonetic pun of their new bandleader Chuck Leavell's name: "C. Leavell." They toured relentlessly, experimenting and refining their sound, eventually signing with Capricorn Records (home of the Allman Brothers) and recording their self-titled debut album in 1977.
Sea Level is the 1977 eponymous debut album by Sea Level which was released on the Capricorn Records label.
All songs written by Chuck Leavell, except where noted.
- "The Rain in Spain" – 6:47
- "Shake a Leg" (Edward Hoerner) – 3:53
- "Tidal Wave" – 5:40
- "Country Fool" – 3:39
- "Nothing Matters But the Fever" – 7:20
- "Grand Larceny" (Neil Larsen) –5:22
- "Scarborough Fair" (Traditional) – 5:32
- "Just a Good Feeling" – 3:01
- Chuck Leavell – keyboards, lead vocals
- Jimmy Nalls – guitars, vocals
- Lamar Williams – bass, vocals
- Jai Johanny Johanson – drums, percussion
- Ed Dowling – trumpet
SEA LEVEL - DEBUT LP - Nr MINT A2/B2 UK JAZZ ROCK FUSION ALLMAN BROTHERS
- Product Code: 2429150
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £10.99