Steve Earle - Exit 0
(MCA Records 1987 MCF3379)
Matrix No's: A1/B1 - UK Pressing
Sleeve & Vinyl in Nr MINT condition
Steve Earle (born Stephen Fain Earle on January 17, 1955) is an American singer-songwriter, record producer, author and actor. Earle grew up near San Antonio, Texas, and began learning the guitar at age 11.
Earle began his career as a songwriter in Nashville and released his first EP in 1982. His breakthrough album was the 1986 Guitar Town. Since then Earle has released 13 other studio albums and received three Grammy awards. His songs have been recorded by Travis Tritt, Vince Gill, Shawn Colvin and Emmylou Harris. He has appeared in film and television, and has written a novel, a play, and a book of short stories.
Exit 0 is the second album from country singer-songwriter Steve Earle, credited to Steve Earle & The Dukes, his backing band. It was released in 1987. Earle was nominated for two 1988 Grammy Awards for songs on the album, Best Male Country Vocalist for "Exit 0" and Best Country Song for "Nowhere Road".
The album was recorded digitally, using the Mitsubishi X-800 at Nashville's Emerald Studios. All of the album's ten tracks were written or co-written by Earle. Earle and his band played live shows regularly during breaks in recording.
Exit 0 is stylistically very similar to its predecessor, Guitar Town, and was Earle's final pure-country album before incorporating hard rock with country on his next releases. It is today described by Allmusic as "livelier stuff than nearly anyone in Nashville was cranking out at the time".
All songs written by Steve Earle unless otherwise noted.
- Nowhere Road (Earle, Reno Kling) - 2:27
- Sweet Little '66 - 2:38
- No. 29 - 3:30
- Angry Young Man (Earle, John Porter McMeans) - 4:24
- San Antonio Girl - 3:06
- The Rain Came Down (Earle, Michael Woody) - 4:11
- I Ain't Ever Satisfied - 4:00
- The Week of Living Dangerously - 4:26
- I Love You Too Much - 3:37
- It's All up to You (Earle, Harry Stinson) - 5:42
- Bucky Baxter – steel guitar, vocals
- Steve Earle – lead vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, harmonica
- Reno Kling - bass guitar
- Mike McAdam – six and twelve string electric guitars, vocals
- Ken Moore – organ, synthesizer, vocals
- Harry Stinson – drums, vocals
- John Jarvis – piano
- Emory Gordy, Jr. – mandolin
- Richard Bennett – acoustic guitar, electric guitar, six string bass
- K-Meaux Boudin – accordion
STEVE EARLE - EXIT 0 LP - Nr MINT A1/B1 UK COUNTRY ROCK
- Product Code: MCF3379
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £4.99