John Martyn - Bless The Weather
(Island Records 1971 ILPS9167)
Matrix No's: A1/B2 - UK Pressing
Vinyl in Very Good+ condition
(there are some surface marks visible on the vinyl which do give pops/crackles but sound quality is Excellent overall)
EJ Day Sleeve in Very Good+ condition
- some wear to edges/corners, some creasing on corners and some ringwear
John Martyn, OBE (11 September 1948 – 29 January 2009) (born Iain David McGeachy) was a British singer-songwriter and guitarist. Over a 40 year career he released 21 studio albums, working with artists such as Eric Clapton and David Gilmour. He has been described by The Times as "an electrifying guitarist and singer whose music blurred the boundaries between folk, jazz, rock and blues".
Bless the Weather is a 1971 album by John Martyn and marks his return as a solo artist having released two albums with his wife Beverley Martyn. When it was released it garnered his best reviews to date, and remains a firm favourite among fans, featuring such standards as "Head and Heart" and the title track. The album is predominantly acoustic, although it does feature Martyn's first real 'echoplex' track in "Glistening Glyndebourne".
Q magazine chose Bless the Weather among the dozen essential folk albums of all time in 1999. According to Q the album was recorded in just three days. In November 2007 Bless the Weather was included in a list by The Guardian newspaper entitled '1000 Albums to Hear Before You Die'. Beck remade "Go Easy" for a webcast performance.
All tracks composed by John Martyn except where indicated.
- "Go Easy" – 4:15
- "Bless the Weather" – 4:29
- "Sugar Lump" – 3:43
- "Walk to the Water" – 2:49
- "Just Now" – 3:39
- "Head and Heart" – 4:54
- "Let the Good Things Come" – 3:05
- "Back Down the River" – 2:40
- "Glistening Glyndebourne" – 6:30
- "Singin' in the Rain" (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed) – 1:28
- John Martyn - vocals, guitar, harmonica, keyboards
- Richard Thompson - guitar
- Smiley DeJonnes - percussion
- Beverley Martyn - guitar, vocals
- Danny Thompson - double bass
- Tony Reeves - double bass, bass guitar
- Ian Whiteman - keyboards
- Roger Powell - drums
JOHN MARTYN - BLESS THE WEATHER LP - VG+ A1/B2 UK
- Product Code: ILPS9167
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £27.99