Cocteau Twins - Head Over Heels
(4AD Records 1983 CAD313)
Matrix No's: A2/B2 - UK Pressing
Sleeve in Nr MINT- condition
- some slight wear to edges/corners
Inner Sleeve in Nr MINT condition
Vinyl in Nr MINT condition
(there are some surface marks visible on the vinyl when held up to the light but they don't affect the sound quality)
The Cocteau Twins were a Scottish rock band active from 1979 to 1997, known for innovative instrumentation and atmospheric, non-lyrical vocals. The original members were singer Elizabeth Fraser, guitarist Robin Guthrie and bassist Will Heggie, who was replaced by multi-instrumentalist Simon Raymonde in 1983.
While the entire band earned much critical praise, Elizabeth Fraser's distinctive soprano vocals received the most attention. At times barely decipherable, Fraser seemed to veer into glossolalia and mouth music.
Head over Heels is the second album by Scottish musical group Cocteau Twins. The album was released in October 1983, and was their first album as a duo.
Critical recognition Head Over Heels has received include a #7 placing in Sounds magazine's End of Year List for 1983 and in 2003 the album was named one of the most eccentric British albums of all time by Mojo magazine.
All songs written by Elizabeth Fraser and Robin Guthrie.
- "When Mama Was Moth" – 3:06
- "Five Ten Fiftyfold" – 4:59
- "Sugar Hiccup" – 3:42
- "In Our Angelhood" – 2:59
- "Glass Candle Grenades" – 2:44
- "In the Gold Dust Rush" – 3:41
- "The Tinderbox (Of a Heart)" – 4:57
- "Multifoiled" – 2:36
- "My Love Paramour" – 3:39
- "Musette and Drums" – 4:39
- Elizabeth Fraser – vocals
- Robin Guthrie – guitar, bass, drum machine
- Additional personnel
- Jon Turner – Engineer
- 23 Envelope – Artwork, Art Direction, Design
- "Ally" is thanked for saxophone on "Five Ten Fiftyfold".
COCTEAU TWINS - HEAD OVER HEELS LP - Nr MINT A2/B2 UK INDIE 4AD
- Product Code: CAD313
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £22.99