Blondie - Eat To The Beat
(Chrysalis Records 1979 CDL1225)
Matrix No's: A5/B1 - UK Pressing
Vinyl in Nr MINT condition
Sleeve in Nr MINT condition
Inner Sleeve in Nr MINT condition
Blondie is an American rock band founded by singer Debbie Harry and guitarist Chris Stein. The band was a pioneer in the early American new wave and punk scenes of the mid-late 1970s. Its first two albums contained strong elements of these genres, and although successful in the United Kingdom and Australia, Blondie was regarded as an underground band in the United States until the release of Parallel Lines in 1978. Over the next three years, the band achieved several hit singles including "Call Me", "Rapture" and "Heart of Glass" and became noted for its eclectic mix of musical styles incorporating elements of disco, pop, reggae, and early rap music.
Blondie broke up after the release of its sixth studio album The Hunter in 1982. Debbie Harry continued to pursue a solo career with varied results after taking a few years off to care for partner Chris Stein, who was diagnosed with pemphigus, a rare autoimmune disease of the skin. The band re-formed in 1997, achieving renewed success and a number one single in the United Kingdom with "Maria" in 1999, exactly 20 years after their first UK No.1 single ("Heart of Glass").
The group toured and performed throughout the world during the following years, and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2006. Blondie has sold 40 million records worldwide and is still active today. The band's tenth studio album Ghosts of Download, was released in 2014 and their eleventh Pollinator will be released on May 5, 2017.
Eat to the Beat is the fourth studio album by the American rock band Blondie. It was certified Platinum in the United States where it spent a year on the Billboard album chart. It also reached number one on the United Kingdom album chart in October 1979.
- Side A
- "Dreaming" (Debbie Harry, Chris Stein) – 3:08
- "The Hardest Part" (Harry, Stein) – 3:42
- "Union City Blue" (Nigel Harrison, Harry) – 3:21
- "Shayla" (Stein) – 3:57
- "Eat to the Beat" (Harrison, Harry) – 2:40
- "Accidents Never Happen" (Jimmy Destri) – 4:15
- Side B
- "Die Young, Stay Pretty" (Harry, Stein) – 3:34
- "Slow Motion" (Laura Davis, Destri) – 3:28
- "Atomic" (Destri, Harry) – 4:40
- "Sound-A-Sleep" (Harry, Stein) – 4:18
- "Victor" (Harry, Frank Infante) – 3:19
- "Living in the Real World" (Destri) – 2:53
- Deborah Harry – vocals
- Chris Stein – guitar
- Clem Burke – drums
- Jimmy Destri – keyboards; background vocals on "Die Young, Stay Pretty" and "Victor"
- Nigel Harrison – bass guitar
- Frank Infante – guitar; background vocals on "Die Young, Stay Pretty" and "Victor"
- Additional personnel
- Mike Chapman – background vocals on "Die Young, Stay Pretty" and "Victor"
- Donna Destri – background vocals on "Living in the Real World"
- Ellie Greenwich – background vocals on "Dreaming" and "Atomic"
- Lorna Luft – background vocals on "Accidents Never Happen" and "Slow Motion"
- Randy Singer (Hennes) – harmonica on "Eat to the Beat"
- Mike Chapman – record producer
- Recorded at the Power Station, Electric Lady Studios and Media Sound, New York in 1979. Originally released on Chrysalis Records (1225)
- Norman Seeff – cover photography and art direction
BLONDIE - EAT TO THE BEAT LP - Nr MINT UK PUNK DEBBIE HARRY
- Product Code: CDL1225
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £5.99