Cheap Trick - Dream Police
(Epic Records 1979 EPC83522)
Matrix No's: A1/B1 - UK Pressing
Gatefold Sleeve in Nr MINT condition
Insert in Nr MINT condition
Vinyl in Nr MINT condition
Cheap Trick is an American rock band from Rockford, Illinois, formed in 1973. The band's classic line-up consisted of frontman Robin Zander, guitarist Rick Nielsen, bassist Tom Petersson, and drummer Bun E. Carlos.
Cheap Trick released their self-titled debut album in 1977 and found success in Japan with the release of their second album, In Color, later that year. The band would achieve mainstream popularity in the United States in 1979 with their breakthrough album Cheap Trick at Budokan. Cheap Trick reached the Top 10 in the US charts in 1979 with the Budokan live version of "I Want You to Want Me" and topped the charts in 1988 with "The Flame".
Cheap Trick have performed live more than 3,700 times and sold more than 20 million albums. Over the course of its career, the band has experienced several resurgences of popularity and built a dedicated cult following. Cheap Trick were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2016.
Dream Police is a 1979 studio album by Cheap Trick. It was their fourth studio release, and third in a row produced by Tom Werman. It is the band's most commercially successful studio album, going to No. 6 on the Billboard 200 chart and being certified platinum within a few months of its release.
All songs written by Rick Nielsen, except where noted.
- "Dream Police" – 3:49
- "Way of the World" (Robin Zander, Nielsen) – 3:39
- "The House Is Rockin' (With Domestic Problems)" (Tom Petersson, Nielsen) – 5:12
- "Gonna Raise Hell" – 9:20
- "I'll Be with You Tonight" (Nielsen, Bun E. Carlos, Petersson, Zander) – 3:52
- "Voices" – 4:22
- "Writing on the Wall" – 3:26
- "I Know What I Want" – 4:29
- "Need Your Love" (Nielsen, Petersson) – 7:39
- Robin Zander – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Rick Nielsen – lead guitar, background vocals
- Tom Petersson - bass guitar, background vocals, lead vocals on "I Know What I Want"
- Bun E. Carlos – drums, percussion
- Jai Winding - organ, piano, keyboards
- Steve Lukather - guitar on "Voices"
Production and staff
- Tom Werman - producer
- Gary Ladinsky, Mike Beiriger- engineers
- Ken Adamany - assistant engineer
- George Marino - mastering
- Steve Dessau, Paula Scher - design
- Reid Miles - photography
CHEAP TRICK - DREAM POLICE LP - Nr MINT A1/B1 UK
- Product Code: EPC83522
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £10.99